RX360 Unboxing & initial thoughts
Unboxing the radiator was fast. This was how it came, packed in the retail box.
Warning lol
I like the matte black finish it has, feels different when you touch it. I even tried putting it in front of my air conditioner & it becomes so cold in less than a minute.
Okay flushing time....
As usual, XSPC radiators are famous to have this black gunk inside the radiator. Thats really a big piece, those who didn't flush their radiator before, you might have this trapped in the waterblock which might affect the loop flowrate. I believe this is just the paint but I didn't care much, just flush & throw it away hehe...
Yup, using distiled water to flush alright. In fact I used pure distilled water only, didn't even flush using tap water at the first. I know you can use tap water & rinse it later but what the heck, I bought a big bottle & might as well use it. Distilled water ain't expensive alright...extra 500ml somemore :P
Second flushing & there is still quite a lot black stuff. I flushed my radiator I think 7 times until the water is almost clear. Wasn't easy alright, need to fill in & shake shake with my hand manually. Did a little dance with the radiator but too bad no pictures for that. Luckly the radiator build quality is good so no flexing or what when I was shaking it vigorously.
To flush it effectively use warm water. I boiled mine till its hot enough but not too hot as I didn't want to damage it.
Now this is where it gets interesting, I was trying to look into the radiator through the ports, the radiator core inside dosent look as shiny as pictures in the internet so take note of this.The copper looks kinda dull & plain to me but what to do, this is how it is. Also I heard some people got their RX radiators without any threads so they had to tap it manually. Not sure if this issue was with the previous version or what but mine didnt have that issue. As you can see I can fit my compression fittings without any problem.
Conclusion:
Radiator build & paint quality is excellent. Price is cheaper than other radiators too but take a look at the AX360 radiators too. They are sexy with similar price or slightly more. The end tank for mine isn't completely flat, its a little swollen but maybe this is just for my unit? So far I tested there isn't any leaks but will check again once I get my pump.
Radiator can be thick so check if it fits for you or not before buying. I believe it should conduct heat pretty well because when I was flushing it with warm water the radiator did become pretty warm in a short period of time...
I dont have much to talk about it, its just a radiator but feel free to post comments below if you have any question or things I should talk about in the future...







No comments:
Post a Comment