Friday, 30 August 2013

almost done

Got some 22awg wires which I plan to make custom 3 pin cables. It turns out 22awg wire is kinda bigger so I might need to play around with it later if its suitable or not. Hopefully shouldn't be a problem because I saw lutro selling 22awg so I guess it could work.


Got the remaining fans for my build


Because I only got gasket for 120mm sizes, I had to make my own gasket for the 140mm fan :P



As usual, need to sleeving the fan cables...


Build is almost done, but I will need to get the custom ROG fan stickers to cover up the corsair stickers :lol:


I got 11 corsair fans in here at the moment, that means I spent ~RM800 just for fans bwahahaha. Only if my mum knew about it...


Will get some ROG stickers :)


Oh & I am still waiting for Lamptron CW611, most likely by end of september it will arrive. No news on the GPU RMA yet, hopefully I can get it soon. Asus faster speed up the process...battlefield 4 is coming out soon :(


I had some minor problem with fitting the fan due to the cpu EPS cable. The cable was just slightly too thick. I could force the fan in there but there will be a slight flex to the motherboard & the connector so I didnt want to risk it. Decided to mod the corsair fan instead. Removed the rubbery material & cut of the lower plastic section



Everything fits nicely now and I replaced the old tubing (not really old, just few weeks old). Now I am left with hooking up the leds to a 3pin connector & everything should be set. Just need to wait for gpu & fan controller.



No comments:

Post a Comment