Saturday, 2 March 2013

Painted my casing

So I decided to add some red highlights to my casing since it will be an ASUS ROG theme build. So I started with striping down the casing.



 Removed the top panel...


Next was to remove the casing feet...

This is the top panel that I removed previously. It was 2 plastic joined together with more than 10 screws so had to open it in order to remove the mesh.

This mesh is from the bottom part of the casing, i.e the casing plastic foot. It was quite simple, after removing the 4 screws from the bottom you can then pull out the plastic feet. Then you can use a plier to bend the mesh notches straight. After doing it for all then just push it & it should pop right out. Sorry didnt take any detailed pictures because I was lazy hahaha. 

 The mesh from the front, the one at the fan filter cover.












 After applying some red coating to it...














 Did the same process to the rest of the mesh...









 So this is where the problem came, first of all I was painting above the original coating & without any primer. On top of that I applied too thick coats already so the next day I wasn't very happy with the result.














 The next day I started sanding all the red coating I applied last night & I sanded until the original coating is removed too. I then cleaned it & started spray coating it with red paint under the sun. It was very hot so the paint dries quite fast so I applied thin coating every 10mins or so. Sorry didnt take picture of this process too, plus I was sweating like hell under the hot sun so yeah...

Tip: Use a primer, but if you are a poorfag & cheapskate like me then just sand it till the base so that your paint can stick better to the material surface. Make sure you do in under a hot sun for it to dry faster, I did the painting at night & it didnt want to dry. The next day the result didnt turn out nice but after re-doing it under the sun it turned out nice.
 
 



 I like the red highlights at the top but when I cover it with the top panel, only half of it will be visible.  Plus I think its not enough red yet, still thinking what to paint, not much choice I have because some of the materials like top cover etc are made of those rubberized matte black material so painting that is not an option. I am thinking of putting some red leds for under glow effect & maybe on the top so the lights will bleed to the side and gives it a nice effect. 

Haven't decide yet, because I dont want to overdo the red colour otherwise it will look too red & ugly. Will see how it goes with the flow hehehe, let me get some corsair fans first & fan controller.

No comments:

Post a Comment