I said see you guys next month but I am in a good mood to post an update, so here you guys go. Not much progress anyways since sunday I was pretty free & couldn't do anything because I am out of black sleeving. Should be arriving monday though :) 24pin cable done! cpu 8pin & graphics card custom cables are done too, just need black sleeving for the cpu cables & my D5 pump.
I couldn't stitch it all the way because of the layout of the wires. I just dont understand why psu manufacturer can't produce pin layout that is exactly the same as on the motherboard. I mean c'mon, if they can standardize pin layout on motherboard then why cant they do that for psu also? But then again I am not an electrical engineer so there must be a reason for it, i'll probably be too dumb to understand anyways so i'll just accept what it is :P
Not that bad anyways, this part will be under the psu cover so you will not even notice it. Also I learned that I need a thick long ruler & I will need to drill it to my table because to make extension cables I MUST get the wire measurement exactly the same for all the wires. Not even 0.5cm difference otherwise it will not turn out to be straight & nice in the end. So if I were to provide custom extension services to others, measurement is really important, but then again I am not sure if I have enough time to provide such service because its kinda time consuming to be honest. I think I will just sell the materials so you guys can buy from me & make it yourself :)
I dont even need to do any cable management here...its that easy LOL
Here is a comparison on mdpc sleeving colour with colortrail.
Here is the custom gpu cables.
Notice the caps are still there? Yeah I pull it out from the original cable & soldered to this cable. Kinda time consuming but hey I don't go the nick crazymofo for no reason :P You can also argue I didn't need to stitch my 24pin all the way at the back since once the side panel are on I wouldn't even notice it, but then again don't forget I am crazy :P
Anyways this part will be under the psu cover, so you wouldn't notice it anyways :)
I wanted to test my gpu cable with the psu tester but it turns out I used the wrong connector. I used the 8pin cpu connector instead of 8pin for gpu so I will need to remove the pins tomorrow & insert in the correct connector lol. I thought both were the same, well this is why I love DIY...I learned a lot while doing it. If I were to ask someone to do for my I wouldn't learn sh*t.
I would say the build right now is around 85% completed. Tomorrow I will sleeve the remaining cables & start on cable sewing. Then I will be borrowing my friend gpu tomorrow so I will test if my gpu is having problem then I will probably RMA it. Lets hope its gpu & not mobo because I really dont want to remove that motherboard out. Once all these is done, my 22awg cables should be here together with the remaining SP120 fans & its time to make custom leds with 3pin fan connectors because I will be hooking it up to a fan controller.
Apart from that, its going to be august, meaning kustompcs should be restocking lamptron CW611 anytime soon. Gonna order it once they restocked unless local distro can bring it first? I doubt it, its been months I & there isnt any update from local seller so screw it.
No comments:
Post a Comment