Before I start my build log, I would like to apologize for my bad english, english wasn't my mother tongue and I never paid attention in class when I was a kid.
Decided to build a desktop for my own, and yes I started from scratch with guides from youtube but I was quite tech savy so building a rig was pretty simple to me. Until today I haven't come up a name for my build yet but these were the specs:
Intel i5 2400 (mistake, should have bought the 2500K)
MSI H67MA-E35
Silverstone strider plus 600w
1TB Samsung hdd
Liteon dvd drive
Cooler master haf 912
DELL 23" IPS Monitor
Logitech g510 (useless shitty keyboard)
Logitech g35
Razer lachesis + goliathus (both of these items are more than 4 years old already! dafuq man...)
Apologize once again because I started writing this build log 2 years after my rig was completed, so at that time I didn't thought of taking much pictures as I didn't plan to write a worklog. Below are the pictures of all the boxes that I am still keeping. But worry not, I will retake almost all of the pictures again once I got my new casing as I will be disassembling all the components at that time.
All those stuff came out from my own pocket so was pretty much broke, which is also why you couldn't see any graphic card. As time goes by I finally got a ASUS GTX560TI and was very happy with it's performance at that time. Matter of fact, the card quality was superb man and fell in love with ASUS ROG theme. I do not own that card anymore so I can't take any pictures of it but here a picture taken from google search (credits goes to www.geeks3d.com ):
Then I bought Edifier C3 speakers, ever since I got it I never touched my Logitech G35 for quite some time already. The bass that sub woffer produces is just too awesome, can't imagine what it will sound like with a soundcard. (sorry a bit dusty, just took the picture recently. Didnt take pictures when I bought it brand new). Maybe in the future I might consider getting a asus xonar essence soundcard and probably upgrade my speakers to a more higher end ones.
Then as time goes on I sold my shitty keyboard and got myself a mechanical keyboard. Steelseries 6gv2...never type as comfortable as this before.
This is what I use for games that is more suitable with a controller such as assassin creed. If you ask for my recommendation I would suggest you to get the xbox 360 (pc version) controller instead. Nothing wrong with my controller, just that all most all the games have support for the xbox 360 controller rather than this controller. This means for some games, you need to map the keys manually the first time you start playing it.
As time goes by, I made few improvements to my rig such as adding CCFL Lighting, side panel fan + dust filer, wireless card, 15m lan cables etc..nothing major. I was in fact saving money for a new laptop lol.
Then I bought Edifier C3 speakers, ever since I got it I never touched my Logitech G35 for quite some time already. The bass that sub woffer produces is just too awesome, can't imagine what it will sound like with a soundcard. (sorry a bit dusty, just took the picture recently. Didnt take pictures when I bought it brand new). Maybe in the future I might consider getting a asus xonar essence soundcard and probably upgrade my speakers to a more higher end ones.
Then as time goes on I sold my shitty keyboard and got myself a mechanical keyboard. Steelseries 6gv2...never type as comfortable as this before.
This is what I use for games that is more suitable with a controller such as assassin creed. If you ask for my recommendation I would suggest you to get the xbox 360 (pc version) controller instead. Nothing wrong with my controller, just that all most all the games have support for the xbox 360 controller rather than this controller. This means for some games, you need to map the keys manually the first time you start playing it.
As time goes by, I made few improvements to my rig such as adding CCFL Lighting, side panel fan + dust filer, wireless card, 15m lan cables etc..nothing major. I was in fact saving money for a new laptop lol.



No comments:
Post a Comment